Sunday, May 31, 2009

Relay 4 Life


What a long day! Thanks to Floyd, Donna, Angie, Al and Doug & Devon from Key Club who attended the Plumsted Relay for Life to benefit the American Cancer Society last night and early, early this morning.
Floyd was there from the start at 11 a.m. and was still going strong when I left him at 3:50 a.m.
It was a fun filled event. There were prizes, contests and games to keep everyone active. And of course there was the oval to walk around. Doug & Devon did 25 laps at one shot. I did 19 but in stages throughout the night. I just kept going around and around and around...
It was a fun event and an inspiration to participate in it.
Towards the end the kids were still going and going and going. It was fun to think back (40 years back!) on those days when I could run all night and not stop.
Floyd and Donna took some photos and I will add them to my collection. But for now here are my 8 photos. http://www.flickr.com/photos/22036136@N07/sets/72157618970286837/

No comments: