Friday, March 27, 2009

KCOJ is 5-0 in Dodgeball tournament!


The Kiwanis Club of Jackson was perfect in Dodgeball Friday night. No blemish on our record, we were 5-0. That is 5 defeats and no wins. As I pointed out, our team has a lot of potential. No skills, but lots of potential.
It was a fun night with more than 100 participants including 3 Kiwanis teams (ours, Daybreak and the new Young Professionals club), three teams from Jackson Liberty High School Key Club and a team from the Biotech High School Key Club. And Doug from Memorial was there, too.
While we didn't win we sure did have a fun time losing, and it actually was part of our strategy. You see, early elimination meant early time to go off and celebrate.
From a personal experience I have to admit, not playing dodgeball in 40 years is an eye opener. If this were big league baseball the scouting report would have been something like: no stick, no glove. At one point I went chasing after a ball and couldn't stop, well - you'd be hard pressed to call it running. I was like a freight train, baby, and by the time I stopped I was just about in Monmouth County. But that wasn't the worst of it. A couple of games later, on the other court I went chasing after a ball and my shorts fell down. Now I thought I could have gotten away with it but my "friends" from Daybreak said they caught the whole thing on video.
People had different ways to prepare for the games. Melissa mentioned yoga. I saw Lo stretching on the sidelines. My? I was popping high strength Advil all day at work. Too bad they didn't help.

Thanks to my team mates who showed up: captains Lois & Melissa, sluggers Michael, Donna and Floyd. And thanks to our cheering squad Fran & Mary Jo.
I posted about 60 photos from the night onto my Flickr account. Here is the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22036136@N07/sets/72157615918906171/ Just click on the slideshow icon on the top right, sit back and enjoy the show.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Floyd writes: I wanted to let you know that after you left they had a ceremony after the last game. They met and passed their goal. They raised $1,265 for the many charities. Jackson Liberty won a trophy for the team that raised the most $190. Biotech came in second place overall losing to Brick Memorial. Bio Tech did win for the best outfits. That is all I can remember hope this helps for your blog